If you are looking for some security props to keep an eye on your home or business from anywhere then the compact, stand-alone wireless security cameras are the ones for you. They are easy to set up and operate.They live stream video footages directly to your smartphones, tablets, or a PC along with instant notifications in case of any disturbances in the live feed. Most of these wireless cameras for home use or business are equipped with features like the night vision and the automatic motion-detector recording.The wireless digital surveillance camera is a simple and smart way to keep surveillance on your property. It offers an assurance by enabling you to keep a note of things going at your home or business while you are away from the live feeds. It helps to know that the video is just a button tap away.
How to choose the best wireless security cameras
- Infrared to detect motion at night.
- Sensors for the windows and doors. In case an intruder is out of the camera’s focus, you will still get alerted to their presence.
- Facial recognition to identify a stranger.
- Good video quality preferably with HD resolution. Better streaming quality and reliable alerts would be more helpful.
- Equipped with two-way communication which can be very useful to keep an eye on kids, babysitters, house sitters or pet sitters.
- Good battery life
- Unobtrusive design
- Better cloud storage
Best Wireless Security CamerasThe best wireless security cameras are evaluated based on their design, the process of setting up the camera, features included, mobile apps, audio/video quality, and its overall value. Based on that, here is the list of the best wireless security cameras:
Rating: 4 out of 5Product Description:Arlo Q is a white diamond-shaped camera, except for its black lens and the bevel. The 3 x 3 x 1.5-inch camera pivots rotate freely on the ball head.An over-all best webcam-based security cameras. It has much higher video resolution and uses the best software. It doesn’t require a base station. As it does not need batteries to run, it can work continuously without trouble. Check more about this product here in an earlier post.The motion and sound detection systems used in this camera are also top of the line in comparison to other cameras. The installation process is easy and trouble-free.Pros:
- Simple and trouble-free setup
- Intuitive and flexible scheduling
- Most comprehensive motion detection
- High-Quality video resolution
- Generously free cloud plan
- Easy video sharing
- Single-user app
- Custom Mode is difficult to set up
- Motion-detection does not include activity zones
- Expensive subscription
- Belkin NetCam HD+
Rating: 3 out of 5Product Description:The Belkin is about the size of an iPhone 4 with a compact design. It offers a motion-activated recording. You can save the recorded footage online. It is much easy to set up. It can control WeMo home accessories.The video quality could do better but still a good wireless security camera with a good combination of useful features at a great value. This made it to the list as it is really affordable and for the price
, you really get a lot for your money.
- Easy to set up
- Remote control of home accessories
- Night vision
- Struggles with streaming at 720p
- WeMo functionality is in a separate app
Rating: 4 out of 5Product Description:A camera with a sleek design and a smooth, cool-gray metal stand that supports a black camera eye. The camera is supported by the magnetic base. It has a single LED on top of the lens that stays green when it is connected and recording.It’s an excellent upgrade that delivers even higher quality 1080p video which is hard to beat, an impressive night vision, and better sound and motion alerts. This is the best smart home integration security camera to buy.Pros:
- Excellent video quality (1080p)
- Easy to set up
- Excellent night vision
- It can be programmed with Nest Protect and Nest Thermostat.
- Monthly subscription needed for extra features
- Less powerful microphones and speakers
Rating: 4 out of 5Product Description:An attractive security camera with an ovoid-shaped, smooth and curved body, this camera is a top-notch indoor as well as outdoor wireless security webcam. It is weatherproof and waterproof. The high-quality video capture is second to none.The desktop and the mobile apps for Arlo Pro are powerful and easy to navigate. Along with versatility, they offer a good set of useful features. It is powered by a 2440-mAh battery which is rechargeable and it lasts for six months on one charge.with over 15,000 positive reviews from people who purchased this product from Amazon
, you can rest assured you`re getting one of the best security cameras should you decide to Buy Netgear Arlo Pro
- Quick and easy installation
- Smart interface with good set of features
- Best video capture quality
- Solid audio quality
- Flexible scheduling
- Geofencing is tied to the phone’s location
- Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT integration
- Generous Cloud-subscription plan
- Accessible only from one device at one time per account
- No option for continuous-recording
- Sharing is limited
Rating: 3.5 out of 5Product Description:Sitting on a well-designed magnetic dock, this is more a lifestyle camera than a security camera. It runs on a rechargeable battery. The battery life is for two hours. It streams good quality 1080p live video recording 24/7 and sends instant alerts on the phone when it detects motion.The features include smart filtering, two-way communication, a time-lapse function, and night vision.Pros:
- Easy to set up
- Simple finger-swipe interface
- Crystal clear night vision
- Free cloud recording and storage
- Excellent app
- Great design
- Very basic
- Weak internal battery
- Canary Smart Security Camera
Rating: 3 out of 5Product Description:Canary keeps your mind at ease with its 147-degree lens view that features a high definition 1080p video recording. This camera is also useful while you are at home as it can sense the air quality, temperature, and the humidity. It helps create a pleasant as well as a healthy atmosphere to live in.With over 4000 reviews you can be sure this product is loved by many.Pros:
- Complete 1080p video feed
- 90+ decibel built-in alarm
- Motion-activated recording
- High-quality audio recording
- Shortcuts for emergency calls
- No automatic alarms
- Limited recording time
Where To Buy The Best Wireless Security Cameras
There are different online and offline shops selling home security cameras, you should do your homework and find what works best for you, in a previous post, we gave tips on buying security cameras for your home.If you`re purchasing online, then Amazon is the
favorite place to shop, check this post that explains why Amazon is the best place to shop online.
- Safe shopping
- Free shipping
- Large selection on products
- Return policy protecting buyers
Conclusion:If the camera is for security purposes then a Wi-Fi security camera that comes with an alarm, night vision, instant and reliable notifications would be the best-suited one for the job.In case, you intend to use the camera for outdoors then it would be prudent to inform the passer-by that they are on camera. You can place a small notice board alerting them of the same. If it is for indoors then there is no need.If you plan to buy a security camera just for lifestyle purposes then an alarm probably isn’t necessary but a camera with two-way audio and unobtrusive design definitely will be.In the end, out of all the wireless security cameras mentioned above, the Netgear Arlo seems to be the best WiFi security camera yet.The important deciding factor is the complete wireless connectivity with solid 6-month battery life. Moreover, the video quality is impressive and it is waterproof so it can be used both outside as well as inside.If you have any questions, please leave a message below and will
surely get back to you. If you know anyone who can benefit from this post, go ahead and share it with them in your favorite social media.